If you are like most iPhone owners, you are surely on the lookout for ways to extend the functionality of your iPhone, here’s a list of the top iPhone tricks to unveil hidden features, or find new shortcuts to common tasks. This is understandable. When you have such a good phone, why not make the best use of it? Here we are discussing the top three how-to’s for your iPhone. We will see how to recover voicemail which you may have deleted accidentally, how to take panoramic photos with your iPhone by enabling a hidden feature, and how to convert that iPhone into a sort of magic wand remote control with which you can control your electronic appliances.
TIP #1: Voicemail recovery:
Have you ever deleted a voicemail or deleted one when you actually wanted to delete another? Next time that happens don’t sweat. Here is simple way to undelete that accidentally deleted voicemail.
1. Open the Phone app and tap Voicemail.
2. Go to the bottom of the list and tap on the item for Deleted Messages.
3. Now you have a list of deleted voicemail. Select the message that you want to undelete by tapping on it, and then tap ‘Undelete’. That’s it, your deleted voicemail goes right back to the inbox.
TIP #2: Make your iPhone the only remote that you will need with VooMoteOne:
There are many apps out there that allow you to use your iPhone as a remote control, but VooMoteOne meets the demands of the most demanding users. It comes as a kit with a clip-on external device and an app.
The setup wizard is quite straightforward and has a large database of devices. If you have an appliance that is not in the database, you can make it learn that device by pointing your remote at the LED receiver on the bottom of the VooMoteOne.
This app allows you great flexibility and customization like having a profile for each room with an icon for identification, or controlling multiple appliances with a single custom remote by combining their frequently used functions.
VooMoteOne gives you freedom from juggling with remotes, searching for the right remote, and having a supply of batteries to replace as they wear out.
TIP #3: How to enable the Panorama mode in the Camera:
Now here is a trick that is not officially documented, and has to be done with some care, so you may want to use your judgment whether you want to do it or not. With that caveat, here is how you do it:
1. Backup your phone in iTunes. You must download and install iBackupBot. You should not use iCloud backup here.
2. Open iBackupBot and the backup that you just created should be visible. Open it and it will show you a list of system files. Scroll down and find the file with title: Library/Preferences/com.apple.mobileslideshow.plist
3. Double click and open the file. If you get a pop-up asking you to register iBackupBot, click ‘Cancel’ to dismiss it. Scroll to the bottom of the file and locate the following entry:
4. Just below that enter the following:
5. Now restore your phone from iBackupBot by clicking the restore button. You will not lose anything by doing this.
6. After your phone is restored, you should see a new ‘Panorama’ button when you tap options in your Camera app. Tapping on the Panorama button will give you access to the new functionality.
Once you start using it, you will realize why the function was hidden. It is still in development. It is very difficult to take a good quality photo even if you have a very steady hand.
With these simple but useful tricks, you can get more out of your iPhone. Those are the top three how-to questions asked by iPhone users these days, but with such an innovative device and its demanding users, you should expect that to be replaced by a new set of questions soon. The fun never stops with the iPhone.